Michael E. Ratliff
1309 Haybrook Drive
Gahanna, Ohio 43230
An accomplished Computer Engineer with a Masters degree and experience specializing in application development. Extensive experience in software design processes, architecture, and application quality control. Strong expertise in creating J2EE and Perl applications.
- Strong background in many areas including application development, research, data compilation and analysis, and report preparation.
- Strong experience in application development and design.
- Thorough knowledge of Sybase, Oracle, Postges, Access, MS SQL, and MySQL databases.
- Proven track records in seeing that all developed applications are thorough and accurate, while seeing that all projects are seen to their completion, and adhering to all industry standards.
- Hard-working, dedicated, and fully committed to ensuring the highest standards of integrity at all times.
- Results-oriented, with an ability to see any assignment to successful completion.
- Works well with all levels of management and co-workers.
- A problem solver, able to find innovative solutions to tough problems.
Experience in COBOL, Lisp, Ruby, PHP, Python, OpenGL, C, and Visual Basic
Tools and Technologies
Websphere, Apache, HTTP, TCP/IP, HTML, CSS, AJAX, JSON, Eclipse, CVS, SVN, JUnit, JMeter, Android, Linux, Unix, and Windows
Sybase, Oracle, MySQL, MS SQL Server, Postgres, Access, and Excel
J.P.Morgan, Columbus, Ohio
Application Developer (March 2007 - February 2011)
Application Developer Lead (February 2011 - Present)
- Responsible for development and support of a J2EE web-based global money market fund trading platform which processes $5 billion worth of trades daily.
- Provided 24 hour 3rd-level support for global mission critical applications.
- Worked with business users in the US, Luxembourg, and Hong Kong to identify and create application enhancements.
LexisNexis, Miamisburg, Ohio
Software Developer and Tester (August 2004 - March 2007)
- Developed a system for tracking testing of software projects, using two fat-client applications written in Visual Basic, which connected to an Access database using ADO.
- Created a tool using VBA to automate report generation from a bug tracking system, which made use of OLE Automation to interface with IE web components in order to automate data retrieval from the web-based bug tracking system.
- Wrote several SQL queries for tracking performance of sales representatives.
- Developer of Robotics::IRobot Perl module. Used for controlling IRobot robots via Perl. Available on CPAN: http://search.cpan.org/~ratliffm/Robotics-IRobot-0.14/lib/Robotics/IRobot.pm
- Developer of Lunch Vote Android app. An application to help a group of people decide what to have for lunch. Available on Android Market: https://market.android.com/details?id=com.michaelratliff.groupvoter
The Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio June 2005
Master of Science Degree in Computer Science and Engineering
The Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio June 2003
Bachelor of Science Degree in Computer and Information Science